WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you visit our website, we collect information about your IP address and the pages you browse. This information is used by us to understand which parts of our website are most useful and where we can make improvements. This information is not identifiable in nature and does not provide us information on who you are or where you live. Such identifiable information is provided by you only when you choose to provide us with this information.
When you request additional information or book one of our Sailing Tours or Sail Canada Courses, we collect personally identifiable information which is essential to deliver these services to you. These include:
- Name and address
- Email address and telephone number
- Date of birth
- Payment information e.g., credit card and bank details. Payment information is deleted from our system once your payment has been processed.
- Dietary preferences and restrictions
- Necessary medical information that you choose to provide for your safety while aboard
- Comments and feedback on our service you choose to provide online or by email
- Interaction with Calma Sailing’s social media pages
Cookies are small files, placed on your device’s memory, which allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application gathers and remembers information about your preferences and can thus tailor its operation to your needs, likes and dislikes. Our website only applies necessary cookies that contain no personally identifying information, and that are necessary to make the website work. Cookies will not provide us information on who you are or where you live. Cookies enable us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, thus helping us to provide you with a better website experience. Cookies will not give us access to your computer or device, or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You have the option of either accepting or declining cookies in your website browser. Website browsers usually automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies. This, however, may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website functionality.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
When you share your information with us, it gives us the ability to contact you, process your payment, deliver the service you requested, and send you more information in relation to that specific service. The information on your dietary needs or pertinent health information that you choose to share, helps us to be provide a service that is safer and tailored to your needs. We will send non-marketing related communication required to meet the needs of the service you requested. We will send email newsletters only if you have indicated that you would like to hear about future tours or courses and you have booked with us previously. We may send up to two newsletters per year, and you can request to unsubscribe from receiving them at any time.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Only authorized staff of Calma Sailing have access to your information for the purpose of providing you with the requested service. We will not pass, rent, or sell personal information to other companies or persons.
We may share personal information in certain situations:
- With other trusted contractors or suppliers when it is necessary to fulfill a requested or required service for your tour or course or for a service that you have requested. We will inform you of this if such a situation arises. The suppliers or contractors may include accommodation and transportation services or other guide or tour companies.
- When we are legally required to, or because of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
- In the event of an injury or illness occurring during your tour or course, we may share personal medical information provided by you to emergency responders or healthcare professionals.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is retained by us only for as long as it is necessary to carry out the administrative tasks and to provide you with the requested services. Payment information is deleted from our system once your payment has been processed. Information on medical conditions you shared with us and waivers of liability that may be required for insurance or legal purposes are kept on file for one year. Information that has become part of an incident report is kept for five years according to Transport Canada required incident reporting.
REQUESTING, CORRECTING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information we keep about you. Additionally, you can request to have your personal data corrected if it is incorrect or incomplete. Finally, you can request to have your personal information deleted or removed when no longer a reason exists for its continued retention.
To request a copy of your personal information or to correct or request deletion of your data please write to:
Calma Sailing: 3639 Saanich Rd., Victoria, B.C., V8X-1X5, Canada